Talara Primary College values its traditions, educational partnerships with neighbouring schools and its strong relationship with the local community. We are proud to be a member of the Caloundra Coalition of State Schools.
Well known for our inclusive, caring culture, Talara Primary College aims to encourage and value all the members of the school community and to show care for self, others, learning and our school at all times.
Alongside participating in the active Parent and Citizens’ Association (P&C), parents are encouraged to be involved in their children’s education from parent - teacher conferences, culminating activities, open afternoons and information nights to being parent volunteers in classrooms.
In this section you will find more information on our community.
Culminating and open afternoons
Towards the end of each unit you will be invited to attend the unit’s culminating activity.
Culmination is held in Terms 2 and 4. Open Afternoons are held in Terms 1 and 3.
Culminating activities provide:
- an opportunity for everyone to celebrate and share the children’s learning
- the students with a meaningful purpose to complete work and strive to do their best
- students with an audience of significant others
- accountability and promotion of the school’s curriculum
- an open classroom where parents can observe the positive learning experiences in which their children participate
Please make every effort possible to attend and bring along your child’s own “admiration society” who will generate excitement and pride in the children’s work and celebrate their learning.
Once our culminating dates have been decided, they will be added to the website calendar and we will communicate them to the school community via our newsletter.
Please ensure you keep informed by reading our fortnightly e-newsletter.
See the Term 2 2021 Culminating schedule below: