Hello and welcome to the Talara Primary College P&C Association information page.
To all the new families, on behalf of the P&C Association, welcome to Talara Primary College. We hope you and your family settle into your new school life quickly and grow to value the commitment to excellence in education on offer at Talara Primary College. We look forward to you becoming a part of our wonderful school community.
P&C meetings are the second Tuesday of each month (during school terms) at 6.30pm. Everyone is welcome.
The P&C Association is an integral part of the school. Since the school opened in 1998, the P&C Association has raised valuable money to assist the school in its mission to continually improve resources and facilities.
Some of the major facilities and upgrades made possible due to being funded by the P&C are:
- Prep playground
- Seniors playground
- Outside school hours care building
- Multipurpose court and roof
- Air-conditioning in the Performance Hall
- Rubber fall matting in the Prep and Junior Playgrounds
Some of the other valued resources and opportunities that have been funded over the years include;
- Class IPads, Laptops, Smartboards and other technology equipment
- Author Visits
- Reading eggs and digital learning programs
- New books
- Chaplaincy program
- Sporting equipment and uniforms
- Musical instruments and equipment
- Library resources like bean bags and games
- Additional resources for core curriculum
- Encouragement awards
- Supporting gifted and talented students
- Resources for our STARs unit
And so much more!GREAT SCHOOLS NEED GREAT VOLUNTEERS
As a parent / carer, there are so many different ways to show your child how much you value their education at Talara Primary College. The P&C Association has always had a strong focus on community and developing effective partnerships with both parents and the wider school community. The large band of volunteers at Talara Primary College is testament to the unbreakable link between home and school. Our volunteers know they are making a difference. Volunteering at Talara Primary College can come in a variety of forms including:
COMMITTING TO THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY
- Assisting with "in classroom" activities;
- Volunteering in the tuckshop;
- Assisting with book club
- Becoming a Class Representative;
- Becoming involved in fundraising activities ;
- Becoming a member of the P&C Association.
The P&C Association strives to build a true community spirit within Talara Primary College. In partnership with the school, the P&C Association coordinate a number of events to further develop the link between home and school. These events can include:
- Parent Partnership Evening
- New Families Afternoon-held in Term 1 for all Prep students and all other new families
- World Teacher's Day
- Performance night
- Mothers Day, Fathers Day and Christmas Stalls
- Biennial Fete and Trivia Night (alternating years)
- End of year celebration event
Talara Primary College is a progressive and innovative school, totally committed to providing a progressive education that responds to and reflects the changing society in which we operate. The P&C Association is equally committed to ensuring our efforts support the goals and the mission of the school, therefore benefiting each and every student.
Once again, on behalf of the P&C Association welcome to Talara Primary College.
View the P&C Constitution
View the Student Protection Risk Management Strategy