Located in Centre Court and open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 8.15 - 8.45am unless advertised otherwise.
Already know your child's sizing?
Online orders are also available. Order online 24/7 & items will be delivered to your child's class on the next open day.
Do you have questions or want to provide feedback? Please email the Uniform Shop: firstname.lastname@example.org
All profits generated from the Uniform Shop are used to directly benefit all students and the school community.
Appointments for new enrolments will be available during the end of Term 4, before school commences in January, and throughout the year, upon request.
Ordering / Payment System
Talara Primary College in a joint initiative with the P&C have introduced an app called Qkr! to help streamline payments across all aspects of our school. Not only can you order tuckshop and uniforms, but you can also pay for things like school camp, excursions, and Student Resources Scheme, all in one place! Download the Qkr! app today! If no luck with the app, just go here: https://qkr-store.qkrschool.com/store/#/home on any computer.
Our previous ordering system has been decommissioned and all users were advised to utilise their credit balances by end of Term 1, 2021.
If you are unsure of your child's sizing, email the team and they can provide you with further information, or have your child stop by the shop during opening hours to get fitted, and then order online from there!
P&C UNIFORM SHOP POLICY
The Talara Primary College P&C Association passionately supports the school's complete Uniform Policy. We believe the Uniform Policy encourages each and every student to take pride in themselves and their school. The high uniform dress standard in place for our students is a true reflection of the high standards we place on ourselves within our community.
The following Uniform Policy has been endorsed by the Talara Primary College P&C Association and may be subject to change:
- Exchanges and refunds will only be considered if the item is in its original saleable condition, with packaging and tags attached, (except in the case of manufacturing fault). In all cases (including manufacturing fault), the garments / items must be returned within *6 months of the purchase date and the original receipt must be presented. * School bags are the only exception, they have a school lifetime (7 year) warranty against genuine manufacturing faults, not wear and tear - the original receipt must be presented. Exchanges and refunds due to change of mind, will be at the Convenor's discretion. Please note – refunds can only be processed using the original payment method therefore, if a card was used to make the purchase, the same credit / debit card (identified by the last 4 digits on the receipt) must be presented for the refund.
- Due to hygiene considerations, there are no exchanges or refunds for hats, socks or hair accessories, except in the case of manufacturing fault and subject to section 2 above.
- A garment / item deemed to be faulty, may be repaired, subject to section 2 above.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for garments / items purchased from the 2nd hand uniform section.
- Garments are individually made therefore minor discrepancies are to be expected. A discrepancy in a garment must be deemed significant by the Convenor to constitute a manufacturing fault and subsequent repair, refund or exchange.
- Purchases must be paid for in full – credit and lay-bys are not permissible.
- Feedback and / or comments should be directed in the first instance to a Uniform Shop staff member or the Managing Convenor. Should further clarification be required, the P&C Executive may be consulted.