As a parent, you play an important role in providing children with a safe traffic environment. When travelling in and around schools, you can make a difference by taking the time to consider the following:
- Please do not park or stop in the bus stop area, This is dangerous as children cannot leave the bus safely, and cannot see on-coming traffice.
- Parking opposite a bus stop is dangerous! Your child will be excited to see you after school and is likely to run acrosss the road in front of the bus to meet you.
- If you can't park on the same side as the bus, it is a great idea to meet your child at the bus stop. This will ensure that your child crosses the road safely and calmy.
- Children are unpredictable as their sense of speed and distance is not mature. Please be sure to observe the 40km speed limit when traveling in and around schools.
- Please be aware of children crossing at zebra crossings and traffic lights. Be sure to slow down and follow the road rules as children's lives are precious.
- Make sure that you and your child read the code of conduct, so that you know what behaviour is expected on the buses.